Company History

 

Frank S. Lopke began trucking with his first dump truck in 1956. Frank and his wife Barbara built the business over the next few years, putting more trucks into their fleet each year, and incorporated F. S. Lopke Contracting, Inc. in 1973. They did various kinds of site work, trucking and demolition.

In 1983, the Lopke’s began operation of their first crushing plant in Lounsberry, NY. Within a few years, they purchased a competitor in Owego, NY and erected a new and efficient crushing operation there. Then came a new purchase of land in Broome County that became the Whitney Point crushing plant.  Several purchases of various parcels of land in Broome and Tioga Counties have assured that this family sand and gravel operation will continue for many years. 

In 1991, the land in Birchardville, Pa, was acquired and became the first quarry location for the Lopke’s, where the stone is blasted and all various Rip Rap and other stone products are produced. These rock products are in heavy demand and are trucked for many miles both in Pennsylvania and New York.

Today, F.S. Lopke Contracting, Inc. is supplying the Southern Tier of New York and Northern Pennsylvania with stone products that make a difference in the construction industry.  Our fleet of 60 dump trucks operating from any of our ten locations in the region gives us the ability to supply our valued customers.  We supply customers of all sizes, landfills, gas wells, large commercial projects, municipalities, blacktop plant, concrete plants, and yes even the homeowner who back in 1956 helped us get started.     

In addition to providing sand and stone products to the region, Lopke Quarries, Inc. provides contract crushing services for much of the east coast, and ZMK Construction, Inc. has developed into one of the area leaders in site development and heavy highway construction.  Take a moment to browse our website and see how we can help you.